Read about Sarah
Who is jt leroy?Read about him here.
Read about the heart is deceitful above all things
Read about harold's end
Reading GuideJT's works have been taught by professors from Berkeley, Duke, Wesleyan, the University of Toronto and many more in course studies as varied as American Literature, Gender Studies, Pop Culture, Marginalized Society, Writing as Personal Narrative, Writing to Heal and Regional Folklore. Students often say that JT's books have brought them back to the love of reading or that his words have resonated with them in very deep and personal ways. One college student from Philadelphia wrote: "My instructor assigned "Coal" for our class to read. I was the first person in the class to finish the story and all I could think of was 'give me more.' I was immediately hooked. I went out two days later and purchased Sarah and The Heart is Deceitful."
Here we highlight JT's work in academia. We encourage teachers, professors and students to contribute course descriptions, curricular materials, thesis papers and reports. For academic purposes only, please write to: email@example.com
- Salisbury University is including Sarah in its syllabus
- A reading guide for The Heart is Deceitful Above All Things
- Duke University Course descriptions
- Berkeley College Course description
- Raccoon Penis Bones for Sale: the Spin on J. T. LeRoy, By Alan F. Hickmam, University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff
- Transcending the Material Body, A Comparison between the Treatment of the Body from Venus and JT LeRoy's Sarah By Huaiyuan Chen, Duke University
- Queen of the Road: Carnival and Chronotopes in JT LeRoy’s Sarah by David E Wilson
- Identity Formation in J. T. LeRoy’s Sarah and The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things by David E Wilson
- Reflections on a lecture at Munich University entitled: "I am the worst thing since Elvis Presley: On the art of invective speech in Eminem's and JT LeRoy's work"